Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peer's Blogs

This weeks assignment was to read the a couple blogs of my fellow students in my PRR 332 class. The first blog I chose to read was my friend Mallory Mullane's blog. I have known Mallory ever since I started at Quinnipiac so I figured it would be interesting to see what is on her mind. Her blogs, so far, have been about one of her first loves, hockey. I, myself, love hockey as well as I am a die hard New York Rangers fan. Even though she is an Islander fan, it was interesting to see what she had to say. Seeing that she has worked for a couple of hockey teams now she knows a lot more than I do about sports public relations, and that is what I would one day love to get into. Mallory would be a good person for me to talk to, to try to get some connections and an inside scoop to the PR world of sports.

The next blog I read was the blog belonging to Katie Warner. Katie's blog is about non-profit public research. I am not to familiar with the whole non-profit side of PR so I wanted to see what it is all about. Seeing as Katie worked for a non-profit company, it is a good place to start. After reading her blog, I got a good idea for what it takes to work in this field. It takes a big heart and passion. The dedication for working for a non-profit company is what makes it successful. You need people who love what they are doing and will  work their hardest no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment